16 April 2011

Noss noss - what else?

image: Cathy Leighton


OK, so I know this is supposed to be a design blog.  But I wanted to share something from Morocco that has truly impacted my day-to-day life.  Coffee coffee coffee!!  Or more specifically noss noss.  A noss noss means 'half half' and is a delicious small glass off hot milk, espresso shot topped with a scoop of froth.  Oh, and served with a couple of sugar cubes.

On a recent trip to Morocco, I enjoyed at least one of these every day.  I loved the whole experience of sitting in a cafe with my travel buddies watching the world go by while we enjoyed our caffeine hit.  And a good noss noss is not just a treat for the taste buds - it can also be a treat for the eyes, as the coffee and milk merge together in beautiful ever-changing ripples.   It is truly a little slice of heaven in a petite glass.

I have continued my quest to create the perfect noss noss back home in Australia - with varying results.  The quest continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment